What to Do If Someone Is Flirting With Your Partner
Everyone has different boundaries in a relationship. For some people, even following an ex on social media is considered out-of-bounds, while others don’t mind that their partner still has drinks with someone they used to date. But one area that’s a bit of a grey one is flirting. Flirting can look a lot of different ways for different people—and one person’s “innocent” is another person’s “inappropriate.” I remember being totally gobsmacked when another woman sat in my boyfriend’s lap, kissed him on the cheek, and proceeded to tickle him right in front of me. I wish I could say that I said something witty or did something bold and brave, but I was just sort of...frozen. I can't help but call to mind the photo (above) of Nora Ephron and then-husband Carl Bernstein in 1977, where she's clearly caught in a similar moment of frozen humiliation as another woman sits on Bernstein's lap. So, what do you do when someone flirts with your partner right in front of you? The trut...